Kansetsu Geri is a direct side kick technique to the knee, the sole purpose of this kick is to disable the attacker on the spot for self-defense purposes only.
Step by step
- You could be in your fighting stance or a normal standing stance
- Look at your target, lift your knee and deliver your kick to the knee
- Go back to your initial standing stance
The same principle as a Yoko geri but aiming the knee joint.
- Since this kicking technique is for self-defense purposes only control yourself if you need to demonstrate this kick because you can hurt someone, I would just explain where its hits and I would demonstrate by throwing the kick in the air if you are testing for your next rank.
- In self-defense, you can use it to stop someone under a threat attack going after you.
Recommended Karate Kicks
- Karate Techniques Page
- Karate Stances
- Karate Punches
- Karate Kicks
- Karate Blocks
- Karate Strikes
- Karate Traditional Katas
- Karate Traditional Weapons
- Karate General Terminology
Follow our Social Media!