Jodan Uke is a basic, effective and fundamental block in Traditional Karate. This block starts by having your fist by your side then it travels all the way up to have your arm in front of your forehead, your forearm has to go the middle and then going up. This block is for high attacks such as punches, overhead punches, strikes and even against weapons. Keep in mind these tips:
- Your back has to be straight.
- Your fist properly closed.
- You need strong stances when you block to have support.
- Keep your eyes on the front or where you are blocking.
- Do not overextend your arm, Jodan Uke should end where your head ends to fully protect your face and head.
Main Traditional Karate
- Karate Stances
- Karate Punches
- Karate Kicks
- Karate Blocks
- Karate Strikes
- Karate Traditional Katas
- Karate Traditional Weapons
- Karate General Terminology