Inward Hand Sword
Table of Contents
The Inward Hand Sword is one of the most used strikes in American Kenpo Karate. The main target is the front, side, and back of the neck, the throat but it can also be applied to the bicep, forearm, and lower back.
Inward Hand Sword Step by Step
- Your starting position should be a horse stance or a neutral bow if you are moving forward.
- Prepare your right hand by raising it and creating a 45-degree angle with your arm, your elbow should point to your side.
- Your left hand should be in front of you semi extending your arm to create distance.
- Your right elbow aims your front as you deliver your hand sword.
- Now repeat the same on the other side.
- All fingers should be closed supporting each other.
- Keep your back straight and do not lean forward when you strike.
- Use marriage of gravity to increase power.
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!