This exercise is great for strengthening your rotator cuffs. There are internal and external rotations, an internal rotation should be done in a 70% angle with a small weight to avoid injuries and external rotations in a 90% angle.
Step by Step:
- Choke the band around a post. The band should be at the same height as your elbow.
- Stand with your right side to the band a couple of feet away.
- Grasp the end of the band with your right hand, and keep your elbow pressed firmly to your side.
- We recommend you hold a pad or foam roll in place with your elbow to keep it firmly in position.
- With your upper arm in position, your elbow should be flexed to 90 degrees with your hand reaching away from your torso.
- This will be your starting position.
- Execute the movement by rotating your arm in a forehand motion, keeping your elbow in place.
- Continue as far as you are able, pause, and then return to the starting position.
- Use a single band only, do not use a double one.
- Do not do your repetitions too fast.
Follow our Social Media!