This self-defense technique is found in the Blue Belt rank of the American Kenpo Karate system created by Ed Parker. Hugging Pendulum is a technique against a right front kick.
Hugging Pendulum step by step:
- As the kick comes in, shuffle to your 7 o’clock while delivering a left downward block.
- Do a left front twist stance while you check his right side while you put your right arm in front of your middle section. (hugging yourself)
- Use your right leg to deliver a sidekick to his left leg to cancel his height.
- Execute a back hammer fist to his face then come back with the same arm applying a heel palm.
- Step back with your block but check his shoulder as you step in.
- Keep your right to cancel any move on your opponent (angle of cancellation).
Recommended Kenpo Techniques: