Burpees are one the most popular bodyweight exercises and today we are going to break it down, step by step, and show you what muscles are used, how to do it the right way, and all the basics of the burpee.
Burpees have been around for a while, most of us know them. It is a great routine to get the body warmed up prior training. Burpees are a combination of a push-up and a squat. A common recommendation in most cases is 3 or 4 repetitions of 10.
Some trainers claim that Burpees can cause serious injury to your lower back and knees. Many also believe that this cardiovascular exercise is harmless if it is done right and with proper care.
Burpees Step by Step
- Wide knees for a strong jump
- Jump and land softly into a squat
- Squat with your head in line with your tailbone, and chest up
- Place your hands down with your knees wider than your elbows
- Keep a flat back and jump your feet back so that you land into a plank
- Plank with your shoulders over your wrists, and a straight line from your head to heels
- Lower your plank into a push-up keeping the straight line from your head to your heels
- Jump your knees to the outsides of your elbows
- Stand upright
- Repeat from the top!
- Keep your fingers together when you do your Push up.
- 3 set of 10 repetitions is more than enough, with 1 minute rest.