Burpee Over Barbell
In this Plyometrics exercise, your main muscle group receiving the benefits are the quadriceps. Burpees are dynamic and fast paced and you will work your arms, chest, quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, and core.
- Place a loaded barbell on the floor and stand parallel to the bar with your legs shoulder-width apart. This will be your starting position.
- Place your hands on the floor and kick your legs back so you end up with your stomach and thighs on the floor. Your elbows should be bent. This should be done quickly.
- From this position, press up like you’re doing a push-up and push your hips up. Jump your feet under your hips and begin to stand as you prepare to jump up.
- As you jump, jump laterally (to the left or right) so that you land on the other side of the bar. This is one repetition.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 and return to the other side of the bar. Repeat for the recommended number of repetitions.
- Do not stand too far from the barbell otherwise, you might not be able to jump to the other side.
- Practice your jump before doing this complete exercise. Bring those knees up with every jump.
If you liked this exercise then you might like these two:
Follow our Social Media!