Table of Contents
The technique Hooking Wings can be considered a “what if” technique to Parting Wings. Some of the Kenpo principles that we apply in the technique are; body contour (frictional pull), a marriage of gravity, puzzle principle (fitting strike), Continuity of Motion (the figure 8 hammer fist strikes).
Let’s go over the steps:
- As the attacker comes in move your left foot back while you execute a double downward parry.
- Then deliver a front kick to the groin which will cancel his height.
- As you plant your foot down deliver a right inward hammer to the side of the face then come back to hit the other side.
- Do an upward elbow strike then go down to hit his face with a heel palm.
- Step out and cover-up.
If you are under a different Kenpo Karate lineage you might not have this technique or maybe you have it with a different ending.
Do not lean forward too much when doing this technique.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!