The High Kick
This exercise can be used as a warmup workout prior to any leg power workout.
- Stand erect with your feet hip-width apart, chest out and shoulders back, maintaining the natural curvature in your back. Your knees should be unlocked and arms by your sides. This is your start position.
- Keeping your leg straight and maintaining the natural curvature in your back, kick one leg directly out in front of you as high as you can while simultaneously extending the opposite-side arm to touch it. Maintain good form while trying to kick your foot to shoulder height.
- Lower your leg so that it’s well in front of the one, and step forward with the opposite side.
- Continue to move forward as you alternate sides for the required number of reps.
- Do not kick too high if you know that you don’t have a good stretching
- This exercise is effective enough if you are able to touch your toes and not kicking too high
- It is recommended to slightly stretch your legs and lower back before doing this routine
Follow our Social Media!