The reverse punch is very simple and very powerful, it can be applied to the middle and high sections. It is a common punch found in katas and self-defense techniques.
Gyaku Zuki Step by Step
- Start with a left Zentukso Dachi and left Gedan Barai
- Retract your Left arm taking the fist on your side.
- At the same time deliver a punch to the middle or high section without moving your stance.
- Always keep your back straight.
- Do not twist your upper body when doing this punch.
- Karate Techniques Page
- Karate Stances
- Karate Punches
- Karate Kicks
- Karate Blocks
- Karate Strikes
- Karate Traditional Katas
- Karate Traditional Weapons
- Karate General Terminology
Follow our Social Media!