Table of Contents
Gripping Talon is a self-defense technique found in Blue Belt in Ed Parker’s American Kenpo Karate system. This technique is against a front left direct double wrist grab.
Gripping Talon Step by Step
- As you are being grabbed, step forward with your right foot into a neutral stance, move your grabbed wrist to your left while your left hand goes between them.
- As your wrist is released grab his left wrist with your left hand and deliver a right back the hammer to the groin.
- Keep holding the wrist while you do a read twist stance as you move your right foot to buckle his left leg.
Do a right overhead circular punch to his head, use the same hand to grab his head to end the technique with a left knee to his face.
- Cover out.
Gripping Talon. Instructed by Casa De Kenpo which includes Professors Cliff Seminerio and Juan Serrano.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques
Kenpo Karate Requirements
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!