Gathering Clouds is a Kenpo Karate Self defense technique found in the Blue belt rank of the American Kenpo Karate system created by Ed Parker. This technique is against a Front right step through punch. This technique will give you another alternative to end an attack like this, it will help you have several options available.
Gathering clouds step by step:
- As the punch comes in step to your left and parry the arm and do a middle knuckle in the floating rib, then rebound to yourself delivering a strike to his kidney.
- Step through and strike with an elbow strike, check the arm down and circle the arm with a right poke in the eye.
- Finish the technique with a chop in the throat and a scoop kick to the groin and step back.
Gathering Clouds. Instructed by Casa De Kenpo which includes Professors Cliff Seminerio and Juan Serrano.
Paul Mills demonstrating the Ed Parker’s American Kenpo blue belt technique “Gathering Clouds.”
- Keep your moves close to your body and do not overextend your arms while you strike.
- Your scoop kick moves along with the poke in the eye and shop in the throat.
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!