Full Nelson Escape
Table of Contents
In this article we will talk about the Full Nelson attack, we will mention important aspects, analyze ways to escape safely. This is a technique you might find in some martial art styles where you will also find several solutions.
- Many Jiu-Jitsu, Karate, and Kenpo practitioners have a different approach for a Full Nelson Escape. But we need to be open-minded and absorb or learn any technique or option that can be useful and adapt it to our reality.
Unfortunately, there are some Martial Arts studios where they teach Self Defense techniques what will not help you that much if you face a real attack in the street. A street attack is unpredictable and can occur at the least expected time. It is important to be alert and to react correctly in front of any attack to be safe.
Full Nelson Escape Step by Step
Let’s review this technique solution step by step:
- As you are being grabbed, move your foot to the side as you lean forward.
- This will help you get closer to the middle section and the groin.
- Use your right hand to strike the groin as many times is necessary to disable your opponent. This will make the attacker lose the grip.
- Now use your right outward elbow break lose and then keep fighting.
- Now move out checking your surrounding and leave.
How to escape the Full Nelson
- It is important not to lose your temper, and react at the right time to cancel the attack.
Here Ty Hatfield who is a very experienced Martial Artist presenting other options that can be applied in a Full Nelson and Half Nelson.
What Is Krav Maga?
Krav Maga is the most devastating fighting system, it is not considered as a martial art because it teaches techniques that cannot be used in a ring, tournament, competition, it also has no forms or katas, there are no belts, there is no uniform, no patches and there is no protocol. It is more like Israeli street fighting.
Follow our Social Media!