Front Twist Stance
Table of Contents
The Front Twist stance is part of the basic requirements in the purple belt rank of Kenpo Karate. You will find this stance in many self-defense techniques, sets and forms.
It is a stance you will utilize the most when working around your opponent especially when you are moving in with a technique to control his height or width.
Both of your hands are ready in place while your rear foot sits on the ball of the foot and your front foot is sideways allowing the rear foot to move it at any given time.
This stance also allows you to get closer to your opponent and prepare a front kick with your rear leg.
Front Twist Stance Step by Step
- Start on a Neutral Stance
- Move your rear foot forward
- Place your rear foot in front of your other foot
- Now bend your knees to allow your front foot aims to the side while your rear foot sits on the ball of the foot
- Always keep your hands in guard position as you move in on a Front Twist Stance
- Do not go too low on this stance because it will not allow you to move freely and fast
- Always keep your back straight and do not lean on your stance.
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!