Front Kick in Taekwondo
A front kick or Ap Chagi is a powerful technique found in many martial arts, very effective in self-defense techniques and in sparring. There are several options, to name a few combinations:
- Front jumping front kick
- Front thrust kick with your back leg
- Front snap kick with your front leg
All these depend on its basic version, but there when sparring you have certain rules and options. Let’s go over steps:
- Get started on a fighting stance.
- Keep your hands up and aim with your knee your target.
- Extend your leg hitting your target.
- Make sure you always keep your hands up when you throw your kick.
Keep in mind when you kick someone there will be a natural reaction, if you kick someone in the groin he will lean forward and put his hands in his groin, if you kick someone in the stomach