Front Foot Side Kick
This side kick can also be called Front Leg Side Kick, is mostly applied to the middle section, it can be applied higher but it would required great flexibility, speed and timing. I most of the cases you will be sideways or almost sideways. This kick can be applied in the following scenarios:
- In Sparring to counter attack as soon as the opponent tried to get close with an attack or to keep distance for a follow up technique.
- In a Self Defense situation to keep an attacker away from you.
Step by Step:
- As you stand sideways raise your knee to aligned to your chest.
- Allow your Hip, shoulder and elbow to be aligned before you deliver your side kick.
- Execute your side kick and use your hip to add more thrusting power on it.
- Drop your leg and go back to your current stance.
How to practice this kick
- Have a partner use a kicking shield, do your front foot side kick as he comes in.
- Always keep your hands up when, during, and after you kick.
- When you deliver your kick you must align your knee, hip elbow, and shoulder to allow your energy to properly flow in a single move.
- Taekwondo Techniques Page
- Taekwondo Kicks
- Taekwondo Stances
- Taekwondo Punches and strikes
- Taekwondo Blocks
- Taekwondo Forms
- Taekwondo Sparring Training
- Stretching exercises for Taekwondo
Follow our Social Media!