This is Forward Bow in Kenpo Karate, you will find this stance in many basic and intermediate forms. Not a stance to use it on sparring but it might be present in a few self defense techniques.
You can start on a Neutral Bow and then if you turn the hip from the rear foot and face forward then you will have a Forward Bow. This stance creates a strong base for direct strikes, punches and kicks.
- Do not over extend your rear leg
- Do not over bend your front leg
- Keep your back straight and do not lean forward
- Align your hips with your shoulders
Kenpo Karate Requirements
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques