Flight to Freedom
Table of Contents
Ed Parker’s American Kenpo – Purple Belt Techniques – Flight To Freedom. Instructed by Casa De Kenpo which includes Professors Cliff Seminerio and Juan Serrano. This technique is against a Rear Hammerlock, it is a very common attack seen on the streets especially outside parking lots, clubs and events. Sometimes there is more than 1 attacker involved, where they see how you react to the first grab.
Flight to Freedom step by step:
- As you are being grabbed, deliver a left elbow strike to the face then step forward with your left foot while you grab his wrist.
- Execute a left back kick to the middle section.
- Always grabbing the wrist, turn him while applying pressure to the arm.
- Kick to the right knee or any available target depending on your angle.
- Cross out pushing down the arm.
- Keep your hands up.
- Use the momentum when delivering the left elbow strike to move to your 1 or 2 o’clock.
- Make sure you grab the wrist and do not let go before striking the elbow on your way out.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!