Flashing Wings is a self-defense technique found in the Blue Belt rank of American Kenpo Karate, a system created by Ed Parker. This is a self-defense technique against a Front right step-through kick, which is a common attack.
Step by step:
- Step into your left as the punch comes in, get behind him and do a left inward block.
- Deliver a right horizontal elbow to his ribs, then come back with the same elbow while your left-hand claws his face.
- Right shop to the neck in a neutral bow, switch to a wide kneel and to chop the right of his neck.
- Check his right arm/shoulder and finish the technique with a right heel palm to the jaw
Flashing Wings. Instructed by Casa De Kenpo which includes Professors Cliff Seminerio and Juan Serrano.
- Since you are close to the opponent your knee has to make contact everytime you hit him.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques: