Table of Contents
Flashing Wings is a self-defense technique found in the Blue Belt rank of American Kenpo Karate, a system created by Ed Parker. This is a self-defense technique against a Front right step-through kick, which is a common attack.
Step by step
- Step into your left as the punch comes in, get behind him, and do a left inward block.
- Deliver a right horizontal elbow to his ribs, then come back with the same elbow while your left-hand claws his face.
- Right shop to the neck in a neutral bow, switch to a wide kneel, and to chop the right of his neck.
- Check his right arm/shoulder and finish the technique with a right heel palm to the jaw
Flashing Wings. Instructed by Casa De Kenpo which includes Professors Cliff Seminerio and Juan Serrano.
- Since you are close to the opponent your knee has to make contact every time you hit him.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Sets
- Kenpo Karate Forms
Follow our Social Media!