Table of Contents
This is a Kenpo Karate Self Defense Technique found in the blue belt of the American Kenpo Karate system created by Ed. Parker. This technique is against a rear two hand choke, this attack is in our obscure zone and we must react right away because this kind of attack can turn into a choke or even worse a choke and takedown.
This technique is one of those where the student has to demonstrate to be explosive and be able to react right away.
Step by Step
- As you are being attacked grab both wrists stepping forward with your left foot.
- Snap the elbows to cancel his height.
- Quickly turn to your right, as you turn, crossing his arms deliver a right knee to the elbows.
- Right after the knee strike, execute an inward elbow strike to his face.
- Cover out always keeping your hands up.
- Grab and turn the wrist by placing your thumb on top of each hand.
- Prepare your elbow strike before your right knee lands after you hit the elbows.
- You might grab the face for the elbow strike or you could do an inward elbow strike to the side of the face. Both are valid.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Sets
- Kenpo Karate Forms
Follow our Social Media!