This is a Kenpo Karate Self Defense Technique found in the blue belt of the American Kenpo Karate system created by Ed. Parker. This technique is against a rear two hand choke, this attack is in our obscure zone and we must react right away because this kind of attack can turn into a choke or even worse a choke and takedown.
This technique is one of those where the student has to demonstrate to be explosive and be able to react right away.
Step by Step
- As you are being attacked grab both wrists stepping forward with your left foot.
- Snap the elbows to cancel his height.
- Quickly turn to your right, as you turn, crossing his arms deliver a right knee to the elbows.
- Right after the knee strike, execute an inward elbow strike to his face.
- Cover out always keeping your hands up.
- Grab and turn the wrist by placing your thumb on top of each hand.
- Prepare your elbow strike before your right knee lands after you hit the elbows.
- You might grab the face for the elbow strike or you could do an inward elbow strike to the side of the face. Both are valid.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques:
Kenpo Karate Requirements
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!