The Face Block can be seen in many forms, this block is mostly against any roundhouse attack which could be a roundhouse kick and even an axe kick. When you are doing a form this block is more defined by being done with all required details, but in Taekwondo sparring you mostly raise your arm in a 45 degree angle to block the kick.
Step by Step:
- Starting on a fighting stance in front of your opponent.
- As you notice your opponent moving his back leg and raises his knee step forward raising your arm to block the kick.
- Go back to your fighting stance.
- Extend your arm when you block only.
- Keep your back straight and your eyes on your opponent.
- Do not move your head with your block.
- Taekwondo Kicks
- Taekwondo Stances
- Taekwondo Punches and strikes
- Taekwondo Blocks
- Taekwondo Sparring Training
- Stretching exercises for Taekwondo