Evading the Storm
Ed Parker’s American Kenpo Karate, this technique is found in the purple belt rank and is against a Right step through overhead club attack. Instructed by Casa De Kenpo which includes Professors Cliff Seminerio and Juan Serrano. Let’s go over the steps:
- Step to nine o’clock while doing a left parry to the elbow and a right outward extended block.
- Right kick to the groin and apply pressure to his left knee as you land your right foot.
- Left punch to his kidney and left a positional check on his right shoulder.
- Left knee to his thigh, use the momentum to a left twist stance.
- Right knee to his ribs and cross out.
- Always step out of the line of attack.
- Make sure you check the knee to control your opponent’s hight.
Recommended Self Defense Techniques: