Detour from Doom
Detour from Doom is a self-defense technique found in the green belt rank of Ed Parker’s American Kenpo Karate. This technique is against a front right roundhouse kick.
Detour from Doom Step by Step:
- As the kick comes in step to your right blocking the kick with a left downward block while you place yourself on a cat stance.
- Deliver a right vertical punch to the nose at the same time you block.
- Execute a front kick to the groin, step to your right as he leans forward
- Check his neck with your left hand to terminate him with a right-hand sword.
- Cover out
Instructed by Casa De Kenpo which includes Professors Cliff Seminerio and Juan Serrano.
Detour from Doom with its extension for Third-degree black belt, by Associate Professor Rick Jeffcoat.
- The block and the punch are almost simultaneously.
- Deliver the punch after you right foot lands.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques: