Darting Mace is the 2nd of 4 wrist grab technique in the Kenpo system. Darting Mace is also the opposite and “what if” tech to Crossing Talon. This technique is against a right wrist grab with both hands.
Let’s see the steps:
- As you are grabbed use your right hand to grab his own right wrist and step forward executing an inward block against his elbow.
- Keep the momentum going by extending the blocking arm to hit his face with a vertical punch.
- Clear the arms with the left arm and deliver a right middle punch to the stomach or solar plexus depending on the situation.
- Left-hand sword to the throat and step through with a heel palm strike to the face.
- Step out and cover out.
Break the elbow with your block and keep going on a straight line to hit the face with a vertical punch.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques:
Kenpo Karate Requirements
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!