This technique is one of our favorite ones because it is simple but it offers so many options for the advanced levels. The orange belt technique is against a rear bear hug with arms free. The attack concept comes from a multiple attack mindset, an attacker could come from behind while another at 12 o’clock. Let’s go through the steps of this technique:
- Right step into a horse stance while you drop your height and execute a double elbow strike to his forearms. This will cancel his attack and cancel his intentions.
- Grab his right arm/hand with your right hand as you pass your left leg behind his right leg.
- Execute a left rising elbow strike to his face.
- Then execute a right inward hammer strike to his middle/groin section while you keep your leg to disable his height.
- Drop your hight when stepping to your right.
- Keep your back straight.
Recommended Self Defense Techniques: