Cow Face Pose
Gomukhasa means cow face. If you look at it from above, the feet placed symmetrically would be the horns and knees of the cow’s mouth.
- The Cow Face Posture straightens the spine improving posture.
Gomukhasana is beneficial for people suffering from arthritis and hemorrhoids.
Coy Face Pose Step y Step:
- Sit with legs bent and feet on the ground. Slide the left foot until it is closer to the right hip. Cross the right leg over the left also bringing the foot to the opposite hip, so that the knees are one on top of the other.
- Stretch the right arm to the right and rotate the palm to bend the elbow so that the forearm is parallel to the spine. Now extend the left forward, rotate the palm and bring it to the ceiling. Bend your elbow and bring your right hand down so that your fingers are hooked to your back.
- Lift the left elbow towards the ceiling and lower the right to the ground. It tends to unite the shoulder blades and pull the sternum toward the ceiling.
- Do the same pose by switching your arm and left, the exact same pose by on the other side.
- Do not perform this asana if you have neck, shoulder problems, or serious knee injuries.
- Those who are just beginning, often have difficulty in getting both ischies to rest evenly on the floor, which can make it difficult for the knees to be placed one on top of the other. When the pelvis is tilted, the spine cannot extend properly. Use a folded blanket or cushion to separate the ischia from the ground and support them evenly.
Recommended Yoga Poses: