Clipping the Storm
Clipping the storm is a Kenpo Karate Self Defense Technique found in the green belt rank created by Edmund Parker. This technique is against a front right thrusting club. Storm in Kenpo means a club or stick attack, you will find similar techniques along the Kenpo system where there is a club attack from several different angles.
Step by Step:
- As the attack comes in step to your left with a left chop straight down to his wrist.
- Strike his right bicep with your right hand.
- Step through chopping the neck with your left hand in a cat stance.
- Transform your cat into a forward bow and heel palm to the face.
- Cover out
Clipping the storm, instructed by Casa De Kenpo which includes Professors Cliff Seminerio and Juan Serrano.
Clipping the storm has an extension which is found in the third-degree black belt rank. Here Mr. Rick Jeffcoat (8th-degree black belt)demonstrates this technique with its extension.
- Learn how to attack with a stick, so you can understand better how to defend yourself against an attack.
- Keep your moves short and do not overextend your arms.
- Keep your back straight and do not lean forward.
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Sets
- Kenpo Karate Forms
Follow our Social Media!