Circles of Protection
Table of Contents
Circles of Protection is a Kenpo Karate Self Defense Technique found in the green belt rank of the American Kenpo Karate System created by Edmund Parker. This technique is against a Front Right Step Through Overhead punch and is also found on Form 4.
Let’s go over the steps:
- As the punch comes in step forward with your left leg to meet the action, execute a left upward universal block.
- Keep the left hand checking the opponent while your right-hand travels in a circle motion to strike the groin with an open hand.
- Finish the technique with a left hammer strike to the side of the jaw.
- Step out.
Rick Jeffcoat’s – American Kenpo Karate – Techniques: Circles of Protection with its extension for third-degree black belt.
- You need to use your feet and hands simultaneously in full synchronization.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques
Kenpo Karate Requirements
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!