Jumping Front Kick
Table of Contents
The Chicken Front Kick is also known as a jumping Front Snap Kick. The front leg does the kick and the back leg is used for momentum, this is a very common kick you see at open forms tournaments. This kick is very effective when sparring and can also be useful in self-defense techniques.
Step by step
- Start in your fighting stance
- If you start with your right foot back then lean forward as you raise your right knee
- While your knee is up in the air use the momentum to lift your left leg and do a front kick
- Land and keep your fighting stance
- Warm up and stretch both legs equally.
- Practice the kick in parts, first the jump, then the jump 1 knee and lastly everything all together.
Recommended Taekwondo Techniques
- Taekwondo Kicks
- Taekwondo Stances
- Taekwondo Punches and strikes
- Taekwondo Blocks
- Taekwondo Sparring Training
- Stretching exercises for Taekwondo
Follow our Social Media!