A not-so-secret secret among ladies who lift is that a strong, defined back is, well, sexy. Building up your lats and capping them with round, full shoulders adds to a curvy and defined athletic figure, making your waist appear narrower and balancing out the muscle in your legs.
“People have this misconception that if you lift like a guy, you’re going to look like a guy,” says Cassandra Martin, an Instagram fitness sensation and Gym Shark-sponsored athlete. “It’s all in the way you carry yourself. I think the way bodybuilders look is a beautiful shape anyone can achieve.”
Martin’s current physique reflects time spent hitting the gym 5-6 days a week to work on PRs.
Cassandra Martin’s Heavy Back Workout
1. Superset – 4 sets
Pullups – 8-12 reps
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown – 8-12 reps
2. Bent Over Barbell Row – 4 sets, 6-8 reps
3. T-Bar Row – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
4. One-Arm Dumbbell Row – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
5. Seated Cable Rows – 4 sets, 10-12 reps
6. Straight-Arm Pulldown – 4 sets, 10-12 reps