Capturing the Storm
Capturing the Storm is a Kenpo Karate Self Defense Technique found in the green belt rank of American Kenpo Karate founded by Ed. Parker. This technique is against a front right step through an overhead club.
Capturing the Storm Step by Step:
- As the overhead club comes in step forward to meet the action with your left foot while you are executing an upward universal block.
- Lock the wrist and step to your left behind him twisting his arm and taking the weapon.
- Keep holding the left wrist while you hit the arm with a club.
- Cover out
Instructed by Casa De Kenpo which includes Professors Cliff Seminerio and Juan Serrano.
Rick Jeffcoat’s – American Kenpo Karate – Presenting the same technique but with the extension for third-degree black belt extension.
- Meet the action by intercepting the attack by the wrist, remember the wrist controls the hand.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques:
Kenpo Karate Requirements
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!