Calming the Storm
In Calming the Storm, we look at the following Kenpo principles; Sliding Check and Positional Check. Calming the Storm also relates to Alternating Mace and Darting Mace.
Let’s go over the steps on this technique:
- As the club attack comes in to intercept the attack with a left block and at the same time deliver a vertical punch to the neck.
- Right inward parry to the right arm and deliver a vertical punch to the solar plexus or the stomach.
- Finish with a right back knuckle strike then covers out.
- Intercept the attacker as you block the club with your vertical punch.
- Turn your hips with the next following strikes to maximize power.
Recommended Kenpo Techniques: