Table of Contents
Broken Gift is a Self Defense Technique found in the green belt rank of the American Kenpo Karate system, this technique is against a Front Handshake, it is also found in the Third Degree Black Belt level with its extension. Let’s go over the steps:
- As soon as your handshake your opponent rotate your right wrist while you grab the wrist with your left hand.
- Right foot back and use your left arm break the elbow, then step back with your left leg while your left hand is holding his right wrist.
- Deliver a right back knuckle to the right side of the jaw.
- Right foot back while you deliver a right elbow strike to the other side of the jaw.
- Step out.
Broken Gift with its extension for Third Degree Black Belt, executed by Rick Jeffcoat
- Rotate the palm up and break the elbow simultaneously all at once
Recommended Kenpo Techniques
Kenpo Karate Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Techniques Page
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
- Kenpo Karate Sets
- Kenpo Karate Forms
Follow our Social Media!