Barbell Shoulder Press
Table of Contents
The Barbell Shoulder Press is an intermediate Strength exercise and the main muscles worked are the shoulders but you also have secondary muscles like the upper part of your chest and triceps which are important. Since you are standing you need to have your back straight, feet shoulder width apart for support in the entire exercise.
- Lower the bar down to the shoulders slowly as you inhale.
- Lift the bar back up to the starting position as you exhale.
This exercise will help you work the following:
- Shoulders (Medial and Anterior Deltoids)
- Upper Traps.
- Upper Pecs (Chest)
- Trip case.
- Scapular Stabilizers.
- Abdominals and Erectors.
Barbell Shoulder Press Step by Step
- Get on your starting position feet shoulder width apart.
- Grab your Barbel at shoulder height keeping your back straight.
- Push your Barbel upwards and slowly go back to your starting position, that is one repetition.
- Make sure you are on a safe and flat environment.
- Keep your back straight at all times.
- Do not use too much weight if you cannot handle the repetitions.
- 3 Sets of 10 repetitions is more than enough.
Here you can find more exercises you might like Alpha Training
Follow our Social Media!