The Back Breaker
Table of Contents
This technique is against a right step through punch, it is found in the green belt rank of American Kenpo Karate and it is also found in the Third-degree black belt with its extension.
It is one of those favorite techniques by many Kenpoists, you will this self-defense technique in Form 5 also called the Fulcrum Form.
Back Breaker Step by Step
- As the punch comes in step to your 11 o’clock out of the line of attack with left and right parry.
- Step through go behind him and grab his shoulders, deliver a right knee to the spine, and set back on a left forward bow.
- Your attacker should fall on your left knee, deliver a right-hand sword, grab the chin, and rip. Then right chop again.
- Roll down your knuckles and hit him on both shoulders as you step back with your left foot.
- Your hands circle and finish with a straight heel palm to the face and cover out.
Rick Jeffcoat demonstrating “The Back Breaker” with its extension part of the requirements of Third Degree Black Belt.
American Kenpo Jiu-Jitsu, S.M. Mohamad Tabatabai demonstrating and sharing some ideas on “The Back Breaker” with the help of Senior Professor Jorge Calvillo.
- Get as close as you can on this technique because he might still throw a strike.
- Make sure you always check the shoulders.
- Be careful when you practice with a partner
- We aware of your surroundings and make sure you have enough room to move
Kenpo Karate Requirements
- Kenpo Karate Stances
- Kenpo Karate Strikes
- Kenpo Karate Blocks
- Kenpo Karate Punches
- Kenpo Karate Kicks
- Kenpo Karate Foot Maneuvers
- Kenpo Karate Parries
- Kenpo Karate Finger Techniques
Follow our Social Media!