Stretching your legs
This is a great way to improve your stretching by resting, yes resting. It looks simple but you don’t need to force your legs and hurt your knees to get good results.
Stretching Step by Step
- Sit on a mat and get as close to the wall as you can.
- Your butt should touch the wall.
- Your knees should be straight, not bent at all.
- Lay down on your back.
- Relax the muscles in your legs and slowly open your legs.
- Let the weight of your own legs open them for you. They will go down as they can, they will work on both legs at the same time.
- Relax your hips.
- As your legs go down try to sit, put your hands on the sides and try to touch your forehead to the wall. If there is anything to hold onto even better.
The following video is a guided stretching video with some of the best exercises to improve your flexibility and kicking abilities.
The more you do it the better you will get, you don’t have to force your knees, let gravity do the job for you while you rest. I would recommend stretching like this after a really good routine of 1-hour training.
- Remember to always warm-up before stretching to avoid injuries.
- A warm-up should consist of at least 10 minutes of non-stop cardio exercises to get your blood running.
Follow our Social Media!